Re: [MV] M-35 engne progression

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 20:01:34 PST

You dont have to have a M35 with the rear exhaust to have a "Real Nam
Truck".
The Non Turbo truck with the vertical exhaust through the fender came out
sometime in 70. I have many pics of trucks in Vietnam that have the
vertical stack. The term "clean air" came when they did start to put the
turbo's on them sometime in the late 70's. But your throwing me for a curve
with the rear style exhaust and still turbo. I had figured that when they
installed the turbo's that they would run it up through the fenders.
Maybe the exhaust was a 5 ton and adapted for the M35???? Who knows, but
maybe Dave Doyle will shed some light on it.

Jeff
Line Haul Historian.