Super Singles Pros and Cons?!

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 12:22:10 PST

Hi all

I've been looking into the possible pros and cons of super singles on an
M35 and wondered what anyone's can add and what their experiences of
them are?

Pros:
-Greater traction (when loaded)
-All wheels on same track
-Increased fuel economy
-Slightly increased angle before tipping over!
-Better in Mud and Snow situations
-Higher ground clearance
-Looks great! (well depends on your opinion on this one!)

Cons:
-Adjustment to speedo required (hardly a big issue!)
-I heard issues relating to the front axles ability to cope with them,
but nothing substantiated.
-This old posting is quite an eye opener to the cons, but I'd be
interested to know what anyone has to say about this,....
http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/99-03/0623.html
This raises some very interesting points which is why I'd be interested
in peoples reports of their use.

Can anyone out there using super singles on an M35 let me/list know what
size singles (9x20, 11x20 or 14x20) your using and if you've any
problems with them, or in fact have only good to say about them!

Many thanks
Mike

PS.. I'll report any interesting findings back to the list!
Michael Goodden
The Global Tipi Adventure
http://TheTipi.com