RE: [MV] 12V lights on 24V vehicle

From: Glen Closson (glen@closson.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 20:46:35 PST

Yes, connecting them in series is a good way to go. Just make sure both
lamps are the same. Otherwise you will end up with more than 12V on one and
less than 12 on the other.

Another way to check this is by experimentation. Connect the two in series,
apply 24V and measure the voltage across one (or both) and confirm its close
to 12V.

Be careful, as many fog and driving type lamps have one side grounded to the
case. If yours are like that, you will need to do some rewiring.

Regards,

Glen
May the Joys of today be those of tomorrow!
May thy goblet of life hold no dregs of sorrow!

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt and
dance like nobody is watching.