Re: [MV] It Runs!

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 09:41:26 PST

The deuce I bought 9 months ago had the same problem.. well, I also had to
replace the brake pedal return spring.
I suggest taking a look in the master cylinder. The previous owner of my
truck had left or inserted a plastic turn cap in the top of the master
cylinder.

1: That meant the master cylinder could not vent properly
2: I ended up having to break the plastic, which had hardened into a very
brittle sort of plastic, to get it ' out '. Once out
      I took a look at the inside of the master cylinder: pure rust, other
crap already in there, etc.

I was able to pick up a new master cylinder here on list for ... about $65
I think. Still need the vent tube cap, but I'm hoping to get one at
Waterford in a couple of weeks.

Good luck with your toy!

         Paul
         MVPA# 24986