Deuces Deployed in the Current War...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 12:45:09 PST

Hi All...

I've been amazed at how many deuces are being shown in the current war
in Iraq!

I am seeing 5-tons too, and FMTVs, but also about a dozen actual
old-style deuces. I didn't think to look to see if they were A2's or
A3's though...I'll try to look next time.

I thought the US had decommissioned almost all deuces already. As Joe
and others have stated, the supply from DRMS is drying up.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net