Re: [MV] Free speach ??

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 12:16:41 PST

I heard the same thing. I don't understand why anyone who lives in America
would say that. It is one thing to say "I oppose the war", and quite
another to hope for suffering and death for the same people you live
amongst.

I don't get it. I didn't hear his talk, so perhaps something was taken out
of context, or perhaps the guy is simply a nut case. If the guy was trying
to inspire anti-war sentiment, I think he failed. I would have walked out.
 He can say what he wants, but I don't have to listen to it. I suspect he
won't be at Columbia in the coming years. Sure, I know, professors are
protected for what they say, but when you cross the line that far, things
happen to your professorship. It might not be for actually saying what he
said, but things happen. I predict he will be teaching for a community
college in about a year, if he is lucky.

Dave

--
Dave