Speaking of Battery Drain...Deuce Battery Cable Spark Upon Connection...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 20:20:43 PST

Hi List...

Speaking of phantom current drain, I noticed something the other day
on my deuce.

I took the batteries out and gave them a good charge, cleaned out the
battery area, and did general battery maintenance.

Anyway, when I connected the last battery cable back up, there was a
little tiny bit of a spark.

I double checked and everything was off. Master switch, lights,
everything was off.

What on earth would be causing the spark when connecting the last
battery cable? There's no dome light or radio with a clock in it. ;)

Does this indicate a power drain somewhere in the electrical system?

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net