Re: [MV] Speaking of Battery Drain...Deuce Battery Cable SparkUpon Connectio...

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 03:25:30 PST

If you have the alternator, it takes a little power all the time. There are
diodes
in it to change the AC that it makes and change it into DC to charge the
baterys.
The diodes act as one way switches to allow the electricity to pas in one
direction
and block it in the other direction.. The backward direction is not perfect
and leaks
a little all the time.

In addition, I have had my M151 starter run when the engine was off due to
particle
buildup in the starter pushbutton switch.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce