Turn signal switch

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 15:22:18 PST

Greetings:

Many years ago, I saw a military 3/4 ton dodge truck with an unusual
turn-signal controller. At the time, I was not yet a mil-veh enthusiast, so
as a result I didn't take a good look or try to determine the manufacturer.
The controller was:

1 dash-mounted, plastic.

2 rectangular box, square buttons on front.

3 approx. 3" by 5" faceplate, by 3" depth.

4 Had two buttons, one each for left and right, which ( I think) were
"juke boxed" i.e. mutually-cancelling. Maybe these were green. Maybe they
lit up.

5 Had one (possibly) red button, that was the 4-way flasher button Maybe
this lit up.

This could have been a civilian controller, (possibly Signal-Stat) but I
have never seen another, in person, or in any catalogue. Any former
Signal-Stat employees in the audience?

After all these years, it still bugs me, and with this talk about the new,
improved light switch, I figured that maybe now is the time to ask about it.
Sorry about the memory vagueness, but I have CRAFT.

Arthur P. Bloom
www.M35products.com