Re: [MV] M151A2 Coil Springs

From: R. A. Moir aka RAM (cyclopsram@starband.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 05:47:46 PST

First you have to have the compression rate from the specs.. Then you put
them into a press with a pressure gauge. Then you convert the area of the
piston in the press to square inches and divide into the reading and that
will give you the lbs per inch compression... Measure them at 1, 2, 3, etc
inches of compression... Or you build a jig and reverse pull them with a
crane scale.. harder to do because of the measurement required... We did
this on volute springs on s Stuart Tank to match pairs and to get the
stronger one on the rear set of suspension to minimize squat when doing our
0-60 runs... RAM KM that is... Put in higher numerical final drives to
make slow maneuvering easier. The ones from the LVT bolt right in...as I
remember it... RAM