deuce speeds light switches and stuff

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 14:27:53 PST

One of the things that makes the deuce (and most all older military vehicles actually) so interesting is their basic sometimes primitive, fix it in field, design. I love the design of older stuff. That's why as a mechanical contractor I am attracted to and work alot in the older high rise buildings in downtown Detroit. The things a lot of guys want to change on a deuce are the things I like the best. The three lever light switch is one of them. The fact that the truck is slow and loud is another. Even the smelly canvas seats are perversly cool. My deuce runs and feels really good at 45 to 50 mph. It will go faster but I really don't want to. Took a trip up I75 last year to Clare Michigan and kept it at about 53 mph. It took about one hour longer than if I went in my pick-up. That was an extra hour I got to play with my toy.

my 2 cents, Dave McConnell