Re: [MV] Son of - Re: [MV] Speaking of Battery Drain...Deuce Battery Cable

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 13:47:09 PST

> On a Deuce or any other Military vehicle a cigarette lighter is known as
a Zippo!!! No fluid? fill it with Mogas!! Anyone
> remember RED THIGH???

In Korea in the late 70's most Army units had Katusa soldiers helping them
out. Katusa's are sons of the more powerful/wealthy Koreans... this was
MUCH better duty than being a regular grunt in the Korean Army.

I was out at the flight line one afternoon, standing 30' from a Katusa on
top of one of our 10,000 gallon JP4 tankers.. He was busy trying something
and we were curious so we walked closer...
Turns out he had just filled his zippo lighter with JP4 and was trying to
get it to light up.... rolling the flint repeatedly, standing there on top
of the tanker.

Nothing like having the crap scared out of you to wake you up late in the
day :}

        Paul