RE: [MV] More M35A2 Deuces in Iraq...

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 15:19:26 PST

I think it's very likely that a MUTT is helping the war effort. If not on the US side, then surely some other country's armed forces. Just a couple of weeks ago I was watching the news (CNN, I think) with footage of the US forces alongside local boys in Afghanistan fighting the Al Queada and Taliban. The camera was following the troops, and they panned across an M38A1! I was totally jazzed that somewhere, in some armed forces, an A1 like mine (but probably in better condition) was still in active duty today. She was painted with semi-gloss OD, had a summer-time top, but no marking what-so-ever.

I hope she doesn't fall prey to fire, friendly or foe...

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1