M54 A2 BRAKE PROBLEMS

From: Stuart Beeney (Stuart.Beeney@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 12:10:37 PST

Dear All,
             Just writing to see if anyone can help me with a problem I have
with the brake system on my M54 A2 Truck??

I have recently brought this truck and it seams to have developed a Brake
locking problem.

The truck has:

New master cylinder
New fresh silicone fluid
Stripped and cleaned Air pak

Problem
While travelling and after using the brakes 3 / 4 times it seam to build up
pressure and cause the brakes to lock ON, the only way to release the
locking is to go to the rear of the truck and release the SERVICE tap
(trailer air line) on the drivers side, releasing just a little air cures
the problem until the brakes are used a again.

Does anybody have any ideas ????????

Regards
Stuart Beeney
M54 A2 6X6 CARGO 5 TON