M38 underhood battery box

From: John Rozell (jrozell@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 19:44:28 PDT

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a dimensioned drawing or
other info on the M38
underhood battery box and what also in located inside to secure the
battery? I have a beat-up
mostly corroded battery box that I would like to repair, but neither it
nor my project vehicle
had the parts that actually held the battery.
I know that very good reproduction boxes are available, but it seems to
me that $230 is a whole lot to pay for a relatively simple sheet-metal
box, and I like the challenge of repairing this one.
If anyone knows of online sources for info (photos) please let me know.
 Thanks.

P.S. Thanks to the Georgia MVPA guys for another great rally at South
Pittsburg. I look forward to
the upcoming events at Fort Oglethorp.

John Rozell