Re: [MV] CVR(T)Striker & Sabre BBC footage

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 14:20:15 PDT

>Reports from a trooper on the scene stated the shot did indeed barely skip
>the ground but did hit and knock out the tank. The Swingfire carries a
>modest shaped charge- enough to punch through- but not the Hollywood
>spectacle of a Hellfire or other larger missile. Same result with tanks hit
>by Milan. Nice hole, kills whoever is inside, but not much fireworks.

I'd agree with this. The round obviously skipped and then detonated just
after. The signature of the detonation was consistant only with hitting
something. Since the only "something" was the tank, I am sure it was a
hit on the tank. I've seen this footage about a half dozen times and am
quite sure of this.

Steve