Bio-Diesel Update!

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 07:29:54 PDT

Hi All

I thought I'd let you know some quick info that I've found out on the
Bio-Diesel front.

As you make Bio-Diesel with Methanol or Ethanol it makes the fuel
corrosive to rubber components. Therefore for it to work as a regular
fuel in a Multi-fuel engine (or any old engine that uses rubber seals
and pipes) all rubber elements that come into contact with the fuel
would need replacing with a synthetic version that would not be
corroded.

If used only occasionally it wouldn't be a major issue, but if you're
planning on running it as the main fuel then the change would be
required.

Has anyone else found anything interesting out on alternative fuels?

Hope this helps
Thanks
Mike
Michael Goodden