RE: [MV] A10 warthog

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 07:38:21 PDT

Oh please, if I had a dollar for every time an A10 got all shot up, but made it back ok...

The warthogs are very admirable. sub-sonic, built tough, and a gattling gun in the nose. what more could you ask for? "Make a tank fly" is a term that comes to mind. But I do have a question. Normally, they use DU rounds in that gun (Depleted Uranium) but this was the suspected cause of the "gulf war syndrome" - So does anyone know if they are still using DU rounds in the Gulf War II, or did they change the ammo to something else? Could any other type of ammo cut a tank in half?

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1