Electrical charging problem on M37

From: w7ls (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 10:55:35 PDT

Well, it's actually a M43 ambulance (1955), but it's the same, up front.
Driving into town today, I noticed that the batt/gen meter was at the
top of the red, just going into the yellow area. Not good, if true. Also
noticed that if I put it in neutral and revved the enging, it stayed the
same. Didn't rise at all. I didn't try just turning the engine off and
noting the reading, though.
I suspect that the generator isn't. Hence, I better not use the
headlights, if possible. Battery terminals were just serviced. Batteries
are good. No idea about the condition of the gen or regulator.
Ideas, gents? I'm looking for something relatively simple I can do to
assure I make it home!!!! I'll check for cables that have come undone,
etc. Thanks. Jim