Re: [MV] M35A2 primary fuel filter

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 19:30:20 PDT

Marc, TM 9-2320-209-20-3-1 refers to the 3 fuel filters as primary,
secondary and final. The fuel filter referred to as the primary is the first
one after the fuel tank, and it is mounted low on the chassis on the
passenger side. Try a NAPA Gold 3511 filter, it works for me.
The secondary and final fuel filters are mounted on the drivers side of the
engine, high up and to the rear. I use Hastings FF973 for both of these, I
get them from A-Line Auto Parts.
I always replace both oil filters with Hastings LF219, also from A-Line Auto
Parts. They come complete with the large rubber gaskets so that you can
throw yours away. Look between the filters at the base of the holder, there
is a 7/16" bolt to drain the filters before you loosen the top 7/8" canister
bolts. It saves a lot of mess! According to the TM, both 7/8" canisters
should be tightened to 60 foot pounds. My advice is, be gentle, these strip
easily.
Happy changing!
-Sarge