Pratt, KS All Veteran's Event 23-4 May 03

From: Tim Scherrer (soldierboy440@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 10:49:10 PDT

I am forwarding this for one of our members who lives
in Pratt. Contact Heath direct for details. Pratt,
KS is about 70 miles west of Wichita, KS.

Tim

The county of Pratt is going to be dedicating an All
Veterans Memorial on May 23 and 24, and want to have a
public display/battle(s) in commemoration of the
event. Would any of the guys in the 84th, besides us
of course, be available, interested, and willing, to
participate in this event. Those in charge are
currently working on getting places for reenactors to
stay, but they need to know who all will be coming in
order to prepare. The events, as it looks now, are a
parade, public display with vehicles/reenactors as
available, public battles possibly at the park, and
maybe at the airfield too, and maybe even a dance on
the night of the 23rd, if everything pans out. You
might let me know if the unit would be interested, and
if anyone could make it.

Thanks,
Heath Hensley
mayfield122@hotmail.com

=====
Tim A. Scherrer
CO, 84th Infantry Division "Railsplitters," Reenacted
WWIIHRS and MVPA
Columbia, MO
www.geocities.com/soldierboy440/railsplitters

"You'll be fighting WWII for the rest of your life." Ron Scherrer, 1971