MV @ a custom car show!

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 21:33:50 PDT

First things first...... I am looking for the "modern" straps and metal
hardware that attach the straps to the metal radiused corners on the bows
over a cargo bed. These are the straps that are used to keep the sides of
the canvas cover rolled up and are attached to the bow corners by means of a
single large phillips head screw. I have three.....I need 5 more preferably
with the screws and good metal tips on the straps. Can anyone help?

Today, I loaded up the family and drove the 1942 International M3H4 to the
Custom Car & Street Rod show that was in town. I wanted to see the cars of
course, but I also wanted to see if anyone would show any interest in the
truck. It's kind of fun to watch a bunch of people who are busily admiring
highly polished & chromed custom cars that cost big bucks stop and stare at
an old warrior as it rolls by. We even had some folks with video cameras
run out ahead and in front of the big green machine in order to get some
frontal shots...and a few guys who were there with their
pseudo-monster-trucks just stopped talking and took it all in as we went to
find a parking space among the family cars across the street. Later, as I
was walking around the car show, I saw quite a few folks had taken time away
from the custom cars to wander over and get a closer look at the old corn
binder. I never would have guessed.

Regards,
TJ