deuce rear springs

From: Rick Welker (rickw_17030@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 21:33:44 PDT

Hello list,
     Any of you deuce owners out there ever beef up
the rear springs on a deuce? My "work deuce" is a
little weak-kneed in the back when I have 5 ton on it
on road. I suspect the 31 year old springs are a
little soft. I have a spare set that I'd like to take
to TRW springs to be rebuilt but am not sure how many
leaves to add. I understand there are two different
sets available; anyone know how many leaves the
heavier set has on? Thanks, Rick