Re: [MV] deuce rear springs

From: Bill & Bonnie Prestin (bprestin@chartermi.net)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 22:16:24 PDT

Hi Rick,
     I replaced my rear spring set with an (18 leaf thick) set. You can make
a pretty good set out of two good standard sets. Call Memphis Equipment.
They offer a couple of different options for the deuce. Keep in mind you
cannot stack more than three of the longest leafs together or they will not
fit in the rear spring shackles. You can make the rear spring set as tall as
you want and it will not change the height of the trucks suspension. You
will need longer U bolts also of course. I am pretty happy with the eighteen
high spring set, as I run close to 19,000 lb. empty weight with my deuce.
There is no sag at all. I also went to 15 leaf thick in my front spring set.
This does increase the trucks suspension height in the front and require a
longer drag link for the steering linkage. If you have any questions, let me
know.

Bill