Re: [MV] Gear oil

From: bobbyjoe@chartertn.net
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 18:17:12 PDT

looks to me like if you go up in GL all you would need is GL-5. Why does the
manuals call for GL-1 in the transmissions and a higher GL spec in the
axles? It is my under standing if you put anything other than GL-1 in the
transmission of a M151 it will die. Maybe that is why so many M151 have so
much noise in the transmission. From using the wrong gear oil. I'll stick
with GL-1 in my MUTT

BjP