Re: [MV] Gear oil

From: bobbyjoe@chartertn.net
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 19:05:12 PDT

September, 2001 Stock # 17863

GL-1 MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID SAE 80W-90

Non-EP Gear Lube For Manual Transmissions

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

PENNZOILŪ GL-1 MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID SAE 80W-90, formerly known as 409
MINERAL GEAR

LUBRICANT, is manufactured from high quality, high viscosity index
paraffinic base stocks and does not contain extreme

pressure (EP) additives. These base oils offer inherent oxidation stability
for long service life, and their high viscosity

indices aid in maintaining optimum thickness and fluid film strength as
temperature increases. Since PENNZOILŪ GL-1

MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID SAE 80W-90 does not contain extreme pressure
additives, it will not contribute to

corrosion, etching, or wear of yellow metals, such as brass or bronze found
in transmission components. It is inhibited

against foaming. This lubricant meets API designation GL-1.

APPLICATION

PENNZOILŪ GL-1 MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID SAE 80W-90 is specifically designed
for use in manual

transmissions and transfer cases in on-highway trucks, passenger cars and
off-highway equipment which call for an SAE

80W-90, non EP, API GL-1, straight mineral gear lubricant.

BENEFITS

. Non-corrosive to yellow metals in transmissions

. Stable - maintains film strength

. Non EP, meets API GL-1 designation

. Resists foaming

TYPICAL PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES

TEST METHOD TYPICAL RESULTS

SAE Viscosity Grade 80W-90

Gravity, °API ASTM D-287 27.5

Specific Gravity ASTM D-1298 0.8955