Re: [MV] Fw: [MV]contacting ack

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 19:45:18 PDT

Heck Marv...go for the record...800 is the most I ever heard of...take a
six month vacation...we'll cover for you...call it basket leave...Oops
maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that...I think it was exclusive to the
navy, especially those guys that were on the nukey boats (blue and gold
crews). One crew had to stay over on the base in a barracks for six
weeks while the other crew had her out. They made out leave papers and
threw them in the basket and if you got back okay...they threw them in
the round file. Probably someone had been hanging around a congressman
learning perks. Did you have any of this in your branch? Fred Martin