Deuce Identification

From: Gandjpappy@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 10:06:20 PDT

Thanks to many of the listers that have been helping me out, I have been able to determine that my Deuce is not a 67 Kaiser but is more likely a late 50s gasser. The transmission, transfer case, and engine have all obviously been replaced but the 3 axles all have tags on them that are dated in 1958 (as late as November) which means it is likely a 1958 or early 1959 truck? I have not been able to get at the wheels yet to look at those dates but will hopefully be getting new tires this weekend and that will be next.

My question. Can anybody help me find out from the number stamped on the frame (M153XX don't have the last two numbers here) if this is a REO or a Studebaker and exactly what year? I believe that REO and Studebaker were the only ones making these in the 50s. I checked a few old auction flyers and the Studebakers were the only ones I found that had Mxxxxx serial numbers. All the REOs I saw did not start with letters.

Thanks in advance
Greg