M35-A2

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 15:18:09 PDT

Will List,
    My M35 was delivered today from Carlsbad. I drove it and it will top
out at 55 no problem. It seems to need the primary fuel filter changed
out
(pre filter by the frame rail)and it will perform better. It doesn't
have any leaks I can find. The speedo works but not until I get to at
least 45 mph. May need some lube. The temp gauge is non working, fuel,
generator and hour meter all work fine. The air locker/front wheel drive
engage lever works fine. I crawled under and checked tranny oil and it
is like tapioca pudding so will drain that out and flush clean along
with the diffs.
    The tranny, engine, and transfer case all have white tags on them
and look new? All are have new paint and the engine looks like it just
came out of a crate? If I am reading the serial number tag correctly I
think it is a 197? model AM General. The engine is a turbo charged multi
fuel Hercules.
    I found and turned on the wipers, they work fine, needs new blades.
I can't get the headlamps to turn on? I tried all positions and no go.
    I think I got a good truck, am lucky! I paid $1610 for it plus 10%
It will be a fun asset for MV dreamin/cruisin. I am looking for a set of
front hubs I can mill out for hiway driving. I forgot to mention that my
truck came with a spare and also the pioneer rack, but no tools. I have
a shovel, ax and pick I can install on it, I will need to paint them
desert tan to match.
    Where can I get a good enamel desert tan paint to match this color?
It seems to be painted with tan carc as of now.