[MV] M54 lds 465-1A injection pump??

From: Adam Suess (ajsuess@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 15:48:09 PDT

I've been looking at the TM for the multi fuel lds 465-1A and the TM for the
pump. I can't seem to find a timing procedure to the engine. Any one know
the TM # to do that?

The symptoms of the truck are black smoke at idle and no smoke or power at
higher speeds. I've suspected timing as the cause but I noted that it
referenced a smoke limit cam and it should be at 100* Could it be out of
adjustment and cause this problem? Can it be accessed from the back governor
cover or does the compensator have to be removed? To increase full load fuel
delivery it's the adjustment bolt on the front of the compensator right? Can
you tell if the timing device is working properly with out a test stand?
Thanks, Adam Suess