Re: [MV] M1010 Electrical MWO

From: Michael Howell (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 22:07:29 PDT

I have a M1010 and have spent a lot of time with the charging system. I
have just now read all of the posts on this thread and can comment on
several points.

I have a 24V solargizer installed and it will not stay ahead of the
drain. I forgot to unhook the ground and after a week it would not
start. The bad thing is that unhooking the ground unhooks the
solargizer. Just another thing I need to fix someday.

When I first got my truck, the front battery wouldn't charge. There was
evidence that one of the batteries had exploded or something (the inner
right fender had been replaced and the air cleaner had rust spots in a
splatter pattern). After going through both -20 & -30 TMs and swapping
the voltage reg and adjusting it to max output it will just barely keep
the batteries up. I added a volt meter for the 12 v side and have
observed the voltage must fall below 12 v before the reg will kick in
and then the voltage will go up to about 13.4 v. My truck may have the
orange wire update. If it does it doesn't seem to have helped much.

could you send me a copy of or a link to the scan of the PS Issue 432 ?

I put a new fuel filter in mine as soon as I got it and I haven't had
any trouble with fuel issues.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS