Re: [MV] Electrical Problem/Trailer Hookups

From: Royce C Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 04:14:20 PDT

Please tell me you are kidding?

A Y'all Haul or hitch dealer that knows his stuff?

Can I sell you the Brooklyn Bridge of something?<G>

Anyway, I only have 23 years experience in these matters, and most of the
new guys don't know much. Back in the old days, before sophisticated
electronic brake control devices were invented, there was such a thing as
an in line variable resistor that mounted under the hood.

I have never hooked one up to 24 v, so I do not know how well it would
perform on a MV. If someone was interested enough to try one, I could
check in my store room. I may have one or two left. As far as I can find
out, they are no longer available in the regular parts books. The
manufacturer may or may not still offer them.

My opinion is any large, well cooled variable resistor would work about
the same and should do the job.

Royce
Royce's Rentals and Hitches