MILDOCS.COM -- Deep Keyword Search Site for Electronic TMs...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 04:08:31 PDT

Hello List Members...

This is a big announcement for me, even if it is a blatant plug (but
definitely MV-related)!

I want to let you all know about MILDOCS.COM, a great alternative to
the LOGSA web site for locating electronic TMs.

Last year, my company started a document management division and under
that division developed a powerful web-based service called
MILDOCS.COM that allowed government and military users to do DEEP
KEYWORD SEARCHES through tens of thousands of electronic technical
manuals (ETMs) for United States military vehicles and equipment.

Many users over that last year have told us they preferred MILDOCS.COM
to the government's LOGSA site because they could find keywords and
phrases that were buried deep inside the manuals, instead of only
finding keywords that were within the description paragraph as in
LOGSA searches. They also liked it because it is so simple to use.

Next week, it will be my tremendous pleasure to announce that on 5 May
2003 the MILDOCS.COM service will be made available to the public for
a subscription rate of $19.95 for a FULL YEAR of access.

Many non-government hobbyists and military vehicle enthusiasts are
nervous to visit the LOGSA site because of the warnings that it is a
restricted server intended only for the use of government agencies
(even though there are no passwords required for accessing many of the
documents). I think you will find MILDOCS.COM to be an excellent
alternative to LOGSA, and MILDOCS even contains more ETMs than LOGSA
as far as we can determine.

We will also announce next week that beginning on 5 May 2003, the
MILDOCS.COM service will be FREE to government agencies and military
branch departments in an effort to help the government better provide
national security for the United States.

We have added a new service that was not available to the government
and military clients that allows you to search for electronic TMs, and
drop the ones you want to keep into a virtual "Custom CD-ROM". When
you fill up your custom CD-ROM or you just want copies of the ETMs,
you can click on the ORDER button and your custom CD-ROM will be in
your hands within 2 to 3 days. These custom CD-ROMs cost only $9.95
for the base disc, and $1 each for all the ETMs you can fit onto the
disc. Each disc also contains a custom-generated keyword search index
that lets you do deep searching without a connection to the Internet.
This is great for using the disc in the field on your laptop!

So many people on this list have helped me over the years with my
deuce and CUCV, so I wanted to give you all a pre-announcement of the
service so you can check it out before the public announcement on 5
May 2003, and you can even subscribe for instant access so you can
search, view, download and make custom CD-ROMs.

I hope you will all get tremendous value from the newly public version
of this proven service, and I will be happy to answer any questions
you might have about it either privately or on this list.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET

Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com