Re: [MV] GL requiring demil 1 yr after sale

From: IHC53 (IHC53@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 08:18:42 PDT

> Another military collector's site that I read is the NFA Group, of
> Class 3 weapon collector's. It came down this weekend that the ATF has
> taken a sudden (?) interest in legally purchased MG parts kits. In
> particular the demilled receiver block of FN FAL's, and demilled
> trunnion's of PPsh-41 kits. These receivers have been torch cut in
> accordance with ATF guidelines, purchased legally, and now the Fed's want
> to confiscate them back. Sounds like Section 921 : The Sequel.

I can comment on the MG parts kits. From what I gather, the BATF is openly
conficating ...(ok, maybe not "conficating" per se, but the owners of these
kits are
surrendering them under duress.) MG parts kits as they contend that they
havent
been destroyed properly. I have heard that PPSH, FAL, UZI and Maxim kits
are the ones in question as the BATF contends that they needed to be TORCH
cut,
instead of SAW cut. Uncle Sam is retroactivly applying the new regs to the
kits that
were imported prior to the change from SAW cut to TORCH cut.

I would wager that this all started with MKS remanufacturing SAW cut M14s
(again,
demilled to PRIOR regs (SAW cut) ) MKS not-with-standing, alot of honest,
law abiding
people are getting the royal shaft. Their property is getting taken with
zero compensation
from US.Gov, the vendor who sold the kits or the importer. The rules are
changed when
ever and where ever they see fit. Whats next? Ammo cans? The old pair of
jungle boots
that I wear when I go fishin'?

Sorry for the rant guys...

IHC