Re: [MV] GL requiring demil 1 yr after sale

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 13:50:44 PDT

>It seems like they have a mechanism for this already as evidenced by
>the above story. Additional legislation to make it easy and a simple
>process to screw over a tax payer to rectify a mistake by a
>government employee is over the top.

Agreed, and that is why it deserved to go down in a ball of flames (both
times). I think what they were trying to do was get more latitude about
what they could grab back. Or there are some regs that make it possible
to do repossessions for some reasons and not others. Never underestimate
the complexity and inefficiency of bureaucracy :-)

Steve