Re: [MV] MILDOCS.COM -- Deep Keyword Search Site for Electronic TMs...

From: Michael Howell (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 23:22:15 PDT

>> 3) Are NSN numbers searchable, like from other pay companies, with end
>>item ID other than 'medical use' designations like we get on the public
>>access sites? Or do you have to search specific -34Ps?
>>

>You can search for NSN numbers in the regular search field on
>MILDOCS.COM. It will find that NSN number anywhere within any manual,
>but it will not tell you what the item actually is. We have that data
>available in our databases, so I think it would be a good idea to add
>that function soon. How would you and other listers like to see the
>NSN search work?

I would like to be able to enter a NSN and find out what it can be used
on, i.e. its end use. For example, you have a case of bolts with NSN
xxx and you would like to know what all it can be used on. I have
looked high and low for this information and have not found it on a
public site. It has been my impression that the government is only
interested in going the other way. That is, you need a bolt for a
M35A2, you look it up in a TM and order it by a NSN. If you have any
left over you send it to DRMO.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS