Re: [MV] BREAKING NEWS - MV Club Raided by Authorities

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 16:47:04 PDT

> and sheep loving coalition.

Hmm. Count me in!
For the record, clown suits are out. <g>

Say: not to wax poetic on MVs or anything... I was wondering about civilian
wreckers. Perhaps 5-7 years ago the big ones started becoming these really
sleek somewhat aero-dynamic beasts with a sling in the rear instead of a
boom. REALLY cool looking, and from what the drivers said much better to
work with.

Has the Army ( or any of the lesser branches ) started using a large
wrecker with a sling instead of a boom? I know it would limit other uses
for it, but that was my thought when they came out with the M... M900
series? I saw my first one about 1979 in Korea.. these tractors were used
for highway runs only. We couldn't figure out what a 'mobile' Army wanted
with sissy trucks usable only on a paved road. Thus maybe they decided to
try a sling wrecker as well?

Thanks.

(preparing for incoming: Medal for accurate typing to the front to beat the
barrage back!)

         Paul