MRE - Wanted: Meal Ready to Eat

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 10:11:29 PDT

Hi List,

Does anyone know of a good source for MREs? Not the civilian ones, but the military ones, unopened with heaters, that are marked with something like "Government Property Not For Resale"

I ask because the surplus store that I would order cases from would actually call ME up when they got them in! But I just found out this morning that they no longer deal in them. bummer, I used to buy them at $32 for a case (12 in a case). They would sell them unopened, with the heaters, in a case, and the "gov prop" was smudged but partially legible. Formerly getting them at under $3 each, I'd really hate to stop by a local bay area store and pay $7 or 8$ for each!

Field rations go so well with MVs, and combat sims, and camping. Anyone else have a hookup for the Good Stuff?

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1