VIC-1 Waterproofness...Not

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 08:38:34 PDT

FYI:
Just dunked one of my AM1780 VIC-1 amplifiers in a bucket of water to test
its seals. Apparently, after 35 years, the seals are no longer doing their
job. It did take in water and is now air drying. I left it in the water for
about 5 minutes at a depth of 1 foot. Tiny bubbles started to form at the
connectors and around the bottom cover seal. When it was opened, a spoonful
of water was poured out...
Just so you know if you go swimming.
Cheers,
Bjorn