M211 Starting running problems

From: Caleb Pal, Network Operations (sysop@spitfire.homelinux.com)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 12:10:51 PDT

Hello list,

I have been away for the last 5 days, motorcycle trip, partys, etc. I have
read all of the replies to my problem, much thanks to everyone. I am sure it
was the fuel filter in the carb that was clogged, it was quite a bit of crud
in it, I haven't had time this weekend, but next weekend I will get to work
on it, and I will be adding a inline fuel filter. Hopefully that will help
out. One problem I am having with the carb though. When I fist got the
truck, I checked the fuel filter in the carb. It came out really hard, and I
am sure whoevver had it last totally cros threaeded it. I put it back in, it
went easier, but when I took out to check it last time, a few round metal
shavings came out, and when i screwed it back in, it wouldnt tighten, just
kept turning, and now it leaks. I might have to get a new carb, but if
anyone has any ideas before I go that route, it would be greatly
appriciated.

Thanks again,

Caleb