RE: [MV] Vapor lock on mutts).

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 02:23:43 PDT

Hi Ken and List,

Your item 4 would stir some conversation in engineering circles, as the
mounting studs will transmit that heat just as well as face to face
contact.

The jointing, or "gasket" as you heathens insist on calling them (:-))
is there to keep water, air and foreign matter out and pressure in
depending on the application. NOS carb joints have metal frames too,
anyway.

No one has yet raised the possibility of the very common (happened on
both my Mutts, one here in Thailand and the other in the UK) blocked
fuel cap vent.

Note that I said blocked and not "closed".

Good luck with it mate.
Gavin