Re: [MV] send madonna to france?Telemark Heroes

From: Nigel Hay - MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 01:39:24 PDT

Its always been a mystery to me and many Brits as to why the series
"Friends" is regarded as so funny and the actors in it rated as "talented" -
sadly like the USA , UK TV is now aimed at the lowest common denominator.
However good news for those of you who can get BBC Radio 4 (its avaialble
online at www.bbc.co.uk on Longwave 198 and by satellite) There is a
documentary next Thursday at 8pm UK time about the Telemark raid , which
was one of the most succesful commando raids ever...
"The Telemark Heroes
Thursday 15 May, 8.00pm
60 years on we tell the story of the extraordinary raid when ten young
Norwegian resistance fighters trained by the SOE destroyed the German heavy
water plant in Vemork, Norway and thwarted Hitler's plans for the atom bomb.

Julian Pettifer tracks down the surviving members of the 'Operation
Gunnerside' team, follows the route of their remarkable actions, and hears
why the men have become such folk heroes for Norwegians. "

Well worth listening I am sure,
Nige