Re: [MV] M35A2 Operation Questions

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 19:09:43 PDT

At 10:00 PM 5/13/2003 -0400, m35products wrote:
>On my M35, the accessory handle, when in the ON position, interferes with
>the operation of the STOP ENGINE handle. It has been my assumption that
>these two controls are designed this way, and that the switch must be put
>into the OFF position before stopping the engine. Am I incorrect?
>
>Arthur

Hi Arthur,

         I would shudown the engine first the shot off the switch, it feeds
the fuel pump back on top off the tank and the alternator directly into the
voltage regulator which is my primary reason for saying shut down engine
first the switch. Unlikely but possible the voltage regulator could allow
the voltage to rise to unsafe limits if it's power source (the accessory
switch ) is shut off before the engine.

James Shanks