One-Inch Brass Military Stencil Sets Available -- NOS!

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 00:04:37 PDT

Hello All...

I just came across an old sealed case of 12 sets of brand new old
stock (NOS) brass military 1-inch letter and number stencil sets.

I know some of you need these.

These things are PERFECT for restoring or marking all your items for
that true authentic stencil look. My deuce came with its VIN
stenciled on each inside door panel with this exact stencil font.

Each character plate slides into the next to form a unitized
stenciling plate. There are also ends that slide on at the beginning
and end. You can use spray paints, stencil brushes or even markers to
apply pigments to the surface to be stenciled. These are not the
civilian style or fake military stencils...these are the real thing!
They will last you for the rest of your life since they are brass and
do not wear out and spray paint can be cleaned off the stencils with
solvent.

The 45 pieces (see the letters, numbers and punctuation included in
each set in the description below) come in a small cardboard slip box
with a top and bottom which is still sealed with the original tape.

I wanted to offer these to MV-listers for $25 per sealed set before I
put them on eBay. You will probably want 2 or 3 sets for your
workshop. $4.00 will ship any number of sets via Priority Mail within
the US, $5.00 to most of the world.

PayPal is best.

I have a case of 12 sets.

The NSN is 7520-00-298-7043, which according to the nearly released
Extended NSN Search function on MILDOCS.COM (plug plug!) has the
following specifications:

  NSN: 7520-00-298-7043
  NIIN: 00-298-7043
  FSN: 7520-298-7043
  USED BY MILITARY BRANCHES: ARMY, NAVY, NAVY/SP, USAF, IMM
  DEMILITARIZATION CODE: A
  ORIGINAL PRICE PER UNIT: $8.59 SET
  APPLIES TO: N/A
  CATEGORY: 7520 - OFFICE DEVICES AND ACCESSORIES
  CATEGORY DESCRIPTION: INCLUDES COPYHOLDERS; FOUNTAIN PENS AND PEN
     DESK SETS; PENCIL SHARPENERS; PAPER PUNCHES; STAPLERS, OFFICE
     TYPE; ARTISTS' ACCESSORIES, SUCH AS EASELS, AIRBRUSHES; SLIDE
     RULES.
  MENTIONED IN ETMS:
     TM 1-1520-238-23-9
     TB 55-1935-203-12
     TM 9-1040-267-20&P
     TM 55-1925-204-12
     TM 55-1915-200-10
     TM 55-1905-220-10-HR
     TM 55-1905-219-10-HR
     TM 10-1670-265-12&P
     TB 55-1940-203-12
     TB 55-1935-204-12
     TB 55-1935-201-12
     TB 55-1925-202-12
     TM 55-1905-223-10
     TM 55-1905-220-14-12
     TM 55-1905-219-14-12
  ITEM SPECIFICATIONS:
  o ADJUSTABILITY FEATURE: INCLUDED
  o PRESSURE SENSITIVE ADHESIVE COATING ON ONE SIDE: NOT INCLUDED
  o STENCIL SIZE/CHARACTER-SYMBOL AND QUANTITY: 1 IN. AMPERSAND,1; 1
       IN. APOSTROPHE,1; 1 IN. COMMA,1; 1 IN. END PIECES,3; 1 IN.
       PERIOD,1; 1 IN. SPACER,2; 1 IN. LETTERS A THRU Z,1 SET; 1 IN.
       NUMERALS 0 HRU 9,1 SET
  o INDEX FILE CONTAINER: NOT PROVIDED
  o MATERIAL: METAL
  o QUANTITY: 45

On May 5, 2003, another eBay seller got $53.36 for a single set of
these exact same stencils! That's too much in my opinion, but the
market drives the price! Good for him! $25 a set is much better I
think.

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com