Re: M35A2 Operations Questions

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 03:39:54 PDT

Art,
I sometimes get a deuce in that has a 5-ton's
lever on the accessory switch. It's much shorter
than the deuce switch handle and allows easy
switching while the stop cable is in the Run
position. It has been my practice over the years
to shut the switch off after I start a truck,
including my over-the-road truck tractor, and
see that oil pressure comes up. Saves wear
and tear on my ears and the buzzer. I don't see
any risk of over charging, since the exciter
wire to the alternator is dead with the switch
off. Once started, the in-tank pump does not
have to be running. Once the air is up to 60
psi, I turn the switch on.
Joe Young
www.joeyoung.com