M109 Workshop body Questions

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 02:47:33 PDT

Hiya All

After much deliberation I've decided to go with an M109 body to mount on
my M35 for the around the world trip. I'll be getting it on Wednesday
and mounting it straight away.

I just had a couple of questions that I thought other M109 owners would
easily be able to answer....

Firstly what is the insulation like in the body? ... considering I'll be
using this in extremes from Siberia to the Sahara desert in anyone's
experience how good is the insulation at keeping the body warm in the
cold and cool in the heat? ... or would I be better to rip out the
insulation and put in some modern stuff?!?!?

I also wondered if there was a spacer in the chassis mounting. If you
look at the mount onto the chassis is there a 6" steel girder that is
part of the body structure with an nice empty space running all the way
down it? (this is for me to mount some tanks into!!)

Also does anyone have a scrap M109 body that I could purchase the Doors
and a couple of windows with shutters from as I'd like to add in a side
door and also some extra windows? (anywhere in Europe or the US, can
you let me know cost, and approx size and weight so I can check
shipping).

Many thanks for any help
Mike
Michael Goodden