Re: [MV] M109 Workshop body Questions

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 18:32:31 PDT

WARNING!!! CONTAINS STORY THAT HAS LITTLE OR NOTHING TO DO WITH MV'S

With that out of the way, let me tell you about a friend who, in the early
1950's, with his wife and small daughter, travelled across most of Europe,
the middle East, and on through Pakistan, India, and then home via the
Pacific. The land portion was done in a step-van type truck. To satisfy
the demands of numerous highwaymen and other desert thieves, my friend took
bundles of old valueless stock certificates, and "hid" them in small buches,
in and around the bodywork, under floorboards, etc, as if they were very
valuable. He said that he chose certificates with big numbers, and lots of
zeros. When he was stopped (and he was, several times) he reluctantly
allowed the thieves to "find" the papers, and they were very impressed with
the "real big American money". (He kept the real money in a jerry can with
a false bottom.) I thought that Michael might want to try this scheme as he
does his round the world caper.

Arthur P. Bloom