Re: [MV] Not another M35 air buzzer

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 14:54:19 PDT

I'll bite.
Where might I find a copy, or even reference to a federal standard?
Something more than 'contact DOT' if possible please.
If no one on this list has direct, intimate knowledge of such documents
then either they don't exist or they are not enforced.

I suppose it's possible the state laws are based off a set of ideals the
Feds put forth. But those would never have the effect of law. At worst,
they could be used by an atty to point to the purpose of a law you were
being prosecuted with in an effort to sway the judge that you really did
break a law, even if it doesn't say exactly that.

But really, with ALL the miles and trucks people on list have been through.
. . I think it would have come up before.

      Paul