Re: [MV] Stuart towing / Dodge charger blues

From: Jim (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 17:44:05 PDT

Dan,

    The length indeed is the problem. The SE Charger is 18' Bumper to
Bumper. Tail bumper to front wheel center is 13' 5" (Front bump to rear
wheel center is greater) Even backed in, the front end is hanging over the
tailgate. This is the heaviest part of the car too, with the engine sitting
on those chains. I guess with some rigging it could be made to work, but I
have 150 miles or so to go. I'd MUCH prefer a nice trailered ride. Plus, who
knows what else I might pickup from DRMO if I had the right trailer!
   List, can a pintle ring be welded to a smaller semi-trailer with some
level of safety? Or am I just asking for problems doing that?

Jim

Jim. Why not get a set of ramps and put the Charger in the back of the
deuce. I used to carry my jeep this way ( I know the Charger is longer ).
What is the wheel base of the Charger? How much would stick out the back?
Don't forget the tailgate in the down position gives you a bit more deck
length. The extra weight helps to smooth out the ride. Dan