RE: [MV] M35 air buzzer

From: Glen Bedel (GBedel@designforum.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 10:37:14 PDT

Weathers the same in Ohio

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cole [mailto:DavidCole@tk7.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 1:36 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: Re: [MV] M35 air buzzer

That's true.

You can legally drive a semi in Indiana without a CDL. There are three
provisions for that:

1) You are a farmer hauling farm products or machinery. (Widely flaunted -

 apparently everyone in Indiana can be a farmer)

2) You have convinced someone at the BMV that your Semi is really a RV.
(No kidding, I've seen windows cut into van trailers and presto chango - it
is an RV.) Also, I've seen a long bed semi tractor converted into a
camper, via a van box on the back with a toilet, windows, bed, etc, then he
pulled a really heavy tag trailer equipped with a single tandem axle. He
had RV tags on it and he was from Ohio. He told me he just drives by the
scales and waves.

3) You have convinced the BMV that your semi is not for commercial use
and you obtained historical plates for it. Many old Mack's show up at
tractor shows, hauling tractors with historical plates on the trailer and
the tractor.

Of course if you live in California, none of this applies and you already
know you are screwed. (;->) But you have to trade that good weather for
something, don't you?

Dave - living the damp life in Indiana.

--
Dave